I have personally dealt with anxiety for most of my life & I never even knew I had it… AND I know so many people going through the same struggles right now!
If you are one of these people, please continue reading.
I am sure this will resonate with you and maybe even help you understand a little more about what you’re going through.
Read this on VOCAL.media <<
Really only those who have it or have gone through it, truly understands what it’s like to live on edge every single day, yet feel so paralyzed because you don’t know what to do or why it even started!
It’s more than just feeling nervous or anxious before a big presentation or event.
Anxiety is more than just worrying or overthinking all the time.
It’s your brain never being able to shut off.
Even when you try to relax, you can’t!
It’s those thoughts you over think where all your worst fears become a reality… thinking the worse & fearing the worse.
It’s believing every negative scenario you can come up with.
Anxiety is jumping to conclusions before a situation even began.
It’s waking up tired in the morning even though your day just started… because your minds been racing all night.
It’s always needing a set plan or schedule because uncertainty makes you go crazy!
Anxiety is always being on time or extra early because the thought of you being late puts you on edge.
Anxiety is constantly looking for a problem to fix & wanting to fix something that isn’t even a problem.
Anxiety is that voice inside your head that’s saying “Don’t do it because you will fail…”
Anxiety is procrastination because you’re paralyzed with the fear of failing so you hold it off.
Anxiety is the fear of failure & striving for perfection… then beating yourself up when you fall short.
Anxiety is taking on more than you can handle just so you are distracted & not overthinking something.
It’s constantly having to double or triple check things just to make sure that everything is okay.
Anxiety is the want & the need to control things because it feels like this thing in your life is outside of your control & things out of your control create havoc in your mind.
It’s the stream of questions that make you doubt yourself.
- Am I missing something?
- Did I turn off the stove or lock the door before I left the house?
It’s those limiting beliefs holding you back
- I’m not good or smart enough
- I can’t possibly do that
>> CLICK HERE to start a FREE blog!
Anxiety is self-doubt & a lack of confidence both in yourself & everyone around you.
It’s thinking too much, it’s caring too much…. because the root of people with anxiety is caring.
It’s caring too much about what other people think of you so you don’t do anything at all.
It’s trying to exceed people’s expectations even if you’re killing yourself to do so.
Anxiety is being hyper aware of everyone & everything… so much so, you can tell if there’s a shift in someone merely by their tone or word choice.
Anxiety is the overcompensating & trying too hard to please people.
It’s never wanting to hurt someone’s feelings or never wanting to do something wrong.
Anxiety is apologizing for things that don’t even require the words “I’m sorry”
More than anything, it’s the want & need to simply be accepted and liked… so most of the time you “try too hard”
Anxiety is the time you spend waiting for an answer as a scenario plays out in your mind of what they could be thinking or are they mad?
It’s every text you wonder “how do I word this properly?”… answering texts embarrassingly fast or not even answering them at all.
Anxiety is an unanswered text that kills you inside even though you tell yourself “maybe they’re just busy or will answer later”
Or it’s that voice that says “maybe they’re deliberately ignoring you”
It’s you holding all of your problems inside of you & breaking down when you’re so overwhelmed.
Anxiety is picking up & trying again & again because the only thing worse than overcoming other people is overcoming YOU!
SHARE this with someone who needs it! Just a reminder that although you may feel so alone & that no one understands what you’re going through, there are actually so many people going through the same battles.
Can you relate to any of these?
- Overthinking every single thing, even something small, it could be saying hello in the wrong way, we will think about this for weeks.
- Avoiding saying hello to someone even though you know them.
- Biting your nails, lips, skin around the fingernails when feeling anxious or nervous
- Over indulge or under eating, there is no in between.
- Thinking that people are talking about you, laughing about you… even when they’re not.
- Convincing yourself that people dislike you.
- Constantly needing reassurance
- Doing things for other people’s acceptance instead of your own
- Feeling the need to impress people all the time
- Struggle to accept criticism… dislike confrontation.
- Being obsessive with lists or schedules… always having to know a time, date, & place
- Cancelling plans, because when you said yes you were okay.
- Feeling very uneasy or sick when you visit somewhere new / busy.
- Wearing a jacket or sweater even when it’s hot outside because you feel exposed.
- Having increased heart rate when anxious, sweating & even breathing rapidly.
- Struggle to concentrate.
- Apologizing all the time.
- Getting choked up for no reason.
- Lack of patience
- Having random bouts of irritability
- Feeling weak & tired
For more posts like this, CLICK HERE to check out all my blogs in the Mental Health section.